As care delivery models transition to patient-focused care across the continuum, clinical documentation improvement programs must also evolve to effectively support value-based quality outcomes.
Evolution is the key to long-term sustainability and success. While accurate DRG assignment is important, forward-thinking CDI programs know that readmission, mortality, and patient safety play an equally critical role in performance-based payments under these pivotal programs:
- Hospital Acquired Condition (HAC) Reduction Program
- Hospital Value-Based Purchasing (VBP) Program
- Hospital Readmission Reduction Program
- Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement (CJR)
In this new era, each organization’s performance for risk adjusted quality and cost outcome measures – many of which are based on reported ICD-10 codes – drives their reimbursement for provided services. CDI expertise within the organization is needed to understand, support and promote the capture of clinical documentation impactful to both accurate measure cohorts and risk adjustment.
Successful positioning of the CDI Program to address these new challenges requires:
- Strengthened integration with organizational clinical performance improvement initiatives
- Education on quality measure cohorts and risk adjustment methodologies
- Broadened scope of CDI record review and provider education across the continuum of care
- Increased use of documentation point of care capture methodologies
Whether you’re transitioning your already-mature CDI program to incorporate quality measures or simply looking to augment a newly-created CDI program, CDIe offers a variety of solutions to guide and elevate your CDI Program.
- CDI Quality Measure Record Review & Education (QMR)
- Quality Measure Training (QMT)
- Quality Measure Jump Start (QMJ)